Studies have suggested that tea polyphenols can help halt the replication of the influenza virus and rev-up T-cells, the first line of defence against nasty microbes.
How Can I Use Matcha Green Tea? To make matcha, place a teaspoon in a small bowl, pour simmering water over the top and whish briefly.
You can also add matcha to smoothies, baked goods and whipped creams.
One of my favourite Japanese desserts is Matcha Ice-Cream
Makes about half a litre
• 1 tbsp green tea powder
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 3 egg yolks
• 3/4 cup milk
• 200ml pure cream
1. Mix the tea powder with two tablespoons of sugar.
2. In a seperate bowl, mix egg yolks with remaining sugar.
3. Pour milk into pan and heat gently. Be careful not to boil it.
4. Remove from heat and mix some of the milk into the green tea mixture.
5. When you have a smooth paste, add it to the remaining milk in the pan.
6. Whisk in the egg yolks and leave to cool.
7. Whip the cream then add to the cold green tea mixture.