Japan Australia Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Expat Survival in Japan - HiFX Blog

HiFX Blog
I was recently asked to help contribute an article to the HiFX Project dedicated to helping the next generation of expats understand the issues people encounter in their first six months living abroad. As an expat Aussie living in Japan and having more than 12 years experience living and working in Japan, I jumped at the challenge to put pen to paper and share some tips on how I survived my first six months in Japan.

Here is a little excert from the article;

What were your first thoughts and feelings on arrival to your new country? 

I arrived to Japan via Osaka and was immediately blown away by the sheer size of the city and dazzled by all the neon lights and electric atmosphere. I remember feeling like I was on a completely different planet. I also remember feeling that my Japanese ability was inadequate as well because what I had learned at school was completely different.

If you are interested in reading more of the article, please head over to the HiFX Blog.

HiFX Blog

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lina! I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what you think :)

      Delete

Share This via Social Media

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...